Published : 2015-04-30

Occasione anni jubilaei. The Erection Document of the Theological Seminary in Lublin’s District of Żmigród (8 October 1714)

Jarosław R. Marczewski



Abstract

In 2014, Lublin Theological Seminary celebrated its 300 anniversary. Throughout these three centuries, the Seminary was located in the Lublin district of Żmigród. The material and financial basis for the functioning of the Seminary was provided by numerous foundations; in particular the funds dedicated by Jadwiga Niemyska. On the basis of this material foundation, Bishop of Cracow Kazimierz Łubieński erected the Seminary on 8 October 1714 and placed it in under the supervision of the Congregation of the Mission. The original erection documents perished. Yet, two official copies have been found in Cracow and Lublin. The Cracow copy is older, and hence it was used for the critical edition of the erection document.

Keywords:

Lublin, Żmigród, Lublin Theological Seminary, erection document, Congregation of the Mission



Details

References

Statistics

Authors

Download files

pdf (Język Polski)

Altmetric indicators


Cited by / Share


Roczniki Teologiczne · ISSN 2353-7272 | eISSN 2543-5973 · DOI: 10.18290/rt
© Towarzystwo Naukowe KUL & Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski Jana Pawła II

Artykuły w czasopiśmie dostępne są na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa – Użycie niekomercyjne – Bez utworów zależnych 4.0 Międzynarodowe (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)