The peer review process and the responsibilities of the reviewers
Roczniki Psychologiczne / Annals of Psychology guarantees rigorous peer review by at least two independent and anonymous reviewers, using double blind review process. The Journal has adopted a policy of masked review for all submissions. The separate title page should include all authors' names and institutional affiliations. The paper itself should omit this information but should include the title of the manuscript. Every effort should be made to see that the manuscript itself contains no clues to the authors' identity.
Guidelines for reviewers:
- Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate.
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments and references as necessary and should not be defamatory or libelous.
- Reviewers should respect the confidentiality of the material supplied to them and should not discuss unpublished manuscripts with colleagues or use the information in their own work.
- If a reviewer wants to pass a review request on to a colleague, they should obtain the editor’s permission beforehand.
- Reviewers should point out relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.